Trying to make sense of firefox plugins

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Tue Jul 3 13:47:30 UTC 2007

Rogue wrote:

> Timothy Murphy wrote:
>> I have been having a problem with firefox (on a ThinkPad T23).
>> Basically, it exits as soon as certain sites are accessed.
>> I downloaded the sources at one of these sites (with wget)
>> and the same behaviour occurred when looking at the file.
>>
>> I think the problem lies in javascript;
>> when I turned it off (in Firefox Preferences)
>> the problem stopped in most (but not all) cases.
>>
>> I tried removing and re-installing firefox and js (with yum)
>> but this didn't do any good.
>>

> Somehow I do not see a package called js in my list? Is this something
> that you installed from a different repo? Could you send across the
> sites (if they are public) to the list?

[tim at elizabeth ~]$ grep js /var/log/rpmpkgs
js-1.60-2.fc7.i386.rpm

I thought it was from one of the standard Fedora repositories.
I see it is described in

<http://rpmfind.net//linux/RPM/fedora/7/i386/js-1.60-2.fc7.i386.html>

as a Fedora 7 package, though I admit I do not find it
in my local repository.

The entry above says it is in the Development/Languages group.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366