CNN video

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 3 13:48:28 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-07-02 at 20:53 -0500, Rod Haper wrote:
<snip>

> I don't think we are on the same page.  Are you saying that you can get
> the CNN videos to play from Firefox in Linux right now - today - from
> the new CNN website?  If so, you are the only person I know of able to
> do it.
>
> After CNN switched over to their newly redesigned website about a week
> ago, most of us are only able to get the lead-in promo to play and then
> the actual video does not play.  They switched to Flash format.  The CNN
> video does not work for me with the libflashplayer.so Shockwave Flash
> 9.0 r31 plugin for Firefox.
>
> That is what I mean.  So, if given the above, you are sill able to play
> CNN videos, I - and others I'm sure - would like very much to know what
> it is about your Linux/Firefox configuration is that is different from
> mine which allows you to play the CNN videos.
>
> -- around lond enough to experience the f
> Rod

When you are right you are right. I never noticed that the video stopped
after the promo. I am not interested in CNN video so I did not stay
around lond enough to experience the failure. Sorry for the confusion.
"It may be that our role on this planet is not to worship God but to
create him." -Arthur C. Clarke
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net