Problem with yum after upgrading

Frank fluedke at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 19:15:22 UTC 2007

2007/7/3, Tony Nelson <tonynelson at georgeanelson.com>:
> >  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/yum/rpmsack.py", line 127, in
> >searchPrco
> >    if not result.has_key(po.pkgid):
> >TypeError: list objects are unhashable
> >######
> >
> >  I have already deinstalled and reinstalled yum and python-2.5 but
> >that didn't help.
> > I guess I might have some old library somewhere on the system that is
> >not in the
> > RPM database, but I didn't find one by now.
> >
> >  BTW, i did the same upgrade on another system (to be exact a bit more, from
> > FC4 up to F7) last week and that one is running without any problems.
> >
> >  Does someone have a hint for me maybe?
>
> Bugzilla, I think.  The message "list objects are unhashable" seems like a
> bug in yum and shouldn't be caused by doing a yum upgrade.  I note that you
> are doing "yum group*" commands, which aren't used so much.  Does a "yum
> update" also faile?

  No, I did three updates until the upgrade and all worked fine. But trying a
 "yum install krb5-workstation" (which is currently missing in group
base) produces
 the same error as above.

  I've already asked the yum mailinglist. I will keep this list also
updated when I get
 something useful there.

Cheers,
 Frank