Printer Comm Problem

Mike McCarty Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jul 4 03:46:56 UTC 2007

Today, I find that I have a printer comm problem which I haven't
had before. I use an HP DeskJet 870Cse, and have for more than
a year, so far without significant problem. Today, I replaced
the black cartride, which I wouldn't think would cause any problems.

Now, at the end of each print job, the printer notes that it has
lost comm with the computer, and starts flashing the yellow light.
Turning off and back on the printer fixes all up, but I cannot
start another job until I do this, or I get binary dump on the
printer.

I use HPIJS with CUPS and FEDORA CORE 2. What steps may I take to
find out what has gone wrong with my setup?

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.