CNN video

Brian Millett bmillett at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 15:17:05 UTC 2007

Mike Chambers escribío:
> On Wed, 2007-07-04 at 08:59 -0500, Aaron Konstam wrote:
>> On Tue, 2007-07-03 at 18:54 -0500, Rod Haper wrote:
>>> After a couple of days of Googling for info, I happened upon a
>>> work-around for the problem.
>>>
>>> Click on Tools->Extensions to pop up the Extensions window.  Then click
>>> on the "Get More Extensions" link at the bottom of the window to bring
>>> up the Firefox Add-ons page.  Use the Search function to search for
>>> "User Agent Switcher".
>>> <https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/59>.  Download the User
>>> Agent Switcher and restart Firefox to complete the install.  Then
>>> right-click on the tool bar at the top and select the "Customize..."
>>> option.  	Drag-n-drop the User Agent icon onto the tool bar.  Left click
>>> the User Agent icon and select  the "Netscape 4.8 (Windows Vista)"
>>> option.  CNN videos will not play correctly.
>>>
>>> I haven't played with User Agent Switcher enough to know if the problem
>>> is CNN rejecting Firefox, Linux or the combination of the two but
>>> spoofing the server as Netscape 4.8 running on Windows Vista works.  It
>>> will be interesting to see what other spoofing combinations work.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Rod
>>>
>> Here is the thing.It is Tools-> Add-ons
>> Then one clicks on Get Extensaions
>>
>> Wikth those corrections I went through your whole process but CNN stil
>> does not work, so I am still frustrated,
>
> I installed the above add-on and the cnn videos worked.  I just click on
> the icon first, selected netscape for vista and then proceeded to watch
> the videos.  They seemed to work just fine doing it that way.

I finally started reading this thread and thought "Gee I wonder".  So I went to
CNN videos and watched them just fine.

What is the problem??

Then I realized that I have "GreaseMonkey" extention installed so I can watch
foxnews videos.  For me, GreaseMonkey does the trick.

--
Brian Millett - [ Garibaldi, "Knives"]
"Oh, that's cute. A zombie with a gas attack."