CNN video

Rod Haper rhaper at houston.rr.com
Wed Jul 4 16:15:37 UTC 2007

Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Wednesday 04 July 2007, Rod Haper wrote:
>>> I just tried this, set it for Netscape-4.8, and got told I needed the
>>> Turner Media player with the option to download it now.  All other spoofs
>>> don't get past opening the player window, but don't error either.
>> What version of the flash plugin do you have installed?  What does
>> about:plugins report?  You need Flash Player version 8 or later.
>
> I have 9.

That is very strange as it is working for me and numerous others.  Are
you sure that about:plugins reports the flash plugin version as 9.x?
What version of Firefox are you running?

Are you perhaps using a different helper action for flash which is
pointing to an older version?  To check the flash action:

   Edit -> Preferences -> Downloads -> View & Edit Actions...
   Use the search function for "flash"
   Select "Shockwave Flash file" and click the "Change Action..." button
   Make sure the "Use this Plugin:" option is selected.

Note: the above directions are for FF 1.5.0.12.  The sequence may differ
for FF 2.x.

--
Rod