problem with microphone

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Wed Jul 4 19:14:40 UTC 2007

Rohan Kulkarni wrote:
> Hi,
>     I have fedora 7 and I use Skype for online voice chat.But while
> speaking the call just cuts out in the middle within a few
> minutes.After this Skype stops responding and I have to restart my
> computer to use Skype again.But again the same problem occurs.What can
> I do?
    First what version of Skype are you using? I use skype-1.0.74.rpm on
F7 and this version stopped working at all on FC6. I have had this
version on F7 for less than a week but it is still working ok I think.

    Have you adjusted your Volume Control that on F7 is click
System-Preferances-Personal- Volume Conrol? The Volume Control is not
correct and I have a Bug in on that but it kind of works.

    Once you get it set for your Skype you can keep it set if in a root
Terminal you write

# alsactl store

    This will keep the settings you have when you do it.

    The people at Skype tell me they are making a new Linux version
which should be a lot better.

Karl