agp video card for linux.

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Fri Jul 6 06:21:25 UTC 2007

On Thu, Jul 05, 2007 at 21:11:56 -0500,
  lostson <lostson at lostsonsvault.org> wrote:

>  ATI on linux just sux get a nvidia and you will be very happy, nvidia
> works great install then card then do a yum install kmod-nvidia edit
> your xorg.config(if you need to) then enable compiz and your off and
> running.

The open source drivers works well with the r200 based cards (such as
the 9250 suggested by a previous poster) on 686 systems. I have heard of
issues on 64bit systems, but don't know the current status. If you don't need
the speed of the latest card and don't care about the political issues, the
9250 is going to be a reasonable choice. Better than getting an older nVidia
card, since you can use an in kernel driver which makes life simpler.