Here are some of my ideas for Fedora 8 and Fedora 9

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Fri Jul 6 10:44:36 UTC 2007

Les Mikesell wrote:

>> My point really was that since one would presumably
>> have to go to freshrpms.net anyway to find out about it,
>> it didn't matter too much whether RedHat gave a pointer or not.
>
> How do you suggest that a new user might find out, for example, that
> Nvidia gives away a driver and others package it for easy installation
> in fedora?  - All perfectly legal and something many users would like to
> know how to find.

(1) I don't think this is really relevant,
as the discussion was about packages of doubtful legality.
There is no reason why Fedora should not direct people to nVidia's web-site,
and I'm sure it is done somewhere in the voluminous Fedora documentation.

(2) I would have thought even a very new user
would try googling for "nvidia linux" or even "nvidia fedora",
and quickly learn all there was to know on the subject.

Personally, that would be the first thing I would do.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366