Mailman with postfix

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Fri Jul 6 16:48:52 UTC 2007

Scott Berry wrote:
> I did not find the readme.postfix file.  Is any one on here familiar
> with se3tting up Mailman with postfix?  I would like it if I could
> to please see what a configuration file needs to look like for
> postfix.  I googled and googled yesterday with no luck.  Thanks
> much.

See my reply from yesterday concerning the documentation that used to
be in README.POSTFIX:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2007-July/msg00895.html

You don't have to change much for mailman to integrate with postfix.
It's been a little while since I did an initial setup, but I believe
the documentation at:

/usr/share/doc/mailman-2.1.9/admin/www/mailman-install/node12.html

covers it reasonably well.  Also, the mailman check_perms script can
be of some help in checking that your permissions are set correctly.

If you have SELinux enabled, you may need to toggle some booleans or
make other tweaks to get it to work.  Just be on the lookout for AVC
messages in the audit log.  If you're using F7 for this, the new tools
ought to help out there.

I installed a test server on FC6 and ran into SELinux denials, and
since I wasn't running a production server I just ended up disabling
SELinux there (I tried emailing fedora-selinux first, but it looked
like I'd have had to learn more about SELinux than I was willing to
learn to get it working then).

Foxes prefer rabbits with short claws.
    -- Nadja Adolf