Here are some of my ideas for Fedora 8 and Fedora 9

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sun Jul 8 06:22:10 UTC 2007

Les wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-07-07 at 11:38 +0100, Dave Mitchell wrote:
>>> I think you'll find patents are a manufacturing, not end-user, thing.
>>> The builder of *some* *thing* is disallowed from building something that
>>> infringes someone else's patent, unless some arrangement is made.  It's
>>> too late by the time a customer has their hot little mitts on the
>>> widget.
>> Um no; patents cover everyone - manufacturers, distributors and end-users
>> - hence the MS/Novell covenant not to sue *end users*.  It just so happens
>> that its the manufacturers who tend to get sued because that's where the
>> money is.
> Can you show the law and precedent that shows that an end user is in
> violation of a patent?

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/html/uscode35/usc_sec_35_00000271----000-.html

"Except as otherwise provided in this title, whoever without authority
makes, *uses*, offers to sell, or sells any patented invention, within
the United States or imports into the United States any patented
invention during the term of the patent therefor, infringes the patent."

Rahul