Here are some of my ideas for Fedora 8 and Fedora 9

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Sun Jul 8 19:05:46 UTC 2007

Les Mikesell wrote:
> Alan Cox wrote:
>> Don't know. Ask a patent lawyer
>
> Lawyers sometimes win, sometimes lose when their opinions are tested
> in court.  How would I know I'm asking the one that would win?

You don't.  That's the beauty of the law. :-/

There used to be a concept of "void for vagueness" which could be used
to help nullify laws which were so vague that most people couldn't
tell what they meant.  I suppose that was ditched here in the USSA
along with most of the rest of the Constitution over the last 50
years.

But aren't there more appropriate lists for discussion of the
legalities and politics of patent law?  Rehashing this stuff here is
just added noise on an already noisy list.

When I was a boy I was told that anybody could become President; I'm
beginning to believe.
    -- Clarence Darrow