bluetooth support

Vivek J. Patankar list307 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 01:41:55 UTC 2007

Francois wrote:
> My phone sees well my laptop, ask me for a pin.
> that's where I have a pb. I tried lots of pin, but each time if failed to
> connect.
> I tried to add a file named "pin", in /etc/bluetooth, with the right digits
> in it, but it failed too.
> I've tried to install gnome-phone-manager too, but it doesn't help me.
> I must do something wrong, but i don't know what. ideas ? Thanks. Francois

Assuming that you are trying to pair the two, initiating the pairing
from the laptop never worked for me. I initiate the pairing from the
phone, i.e. search for devices from the phone and then pair it. The
phone requests for a PIN and I just enter any 4 digit number. The same
number is to be entered when the Gnome Bluetooth manager prompts you for
a it.

--
Regards,
विवेक ज. पाटणकर (Vivek J. Patankar)