CNN video - one more time

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Mon Jul 9 12:28:37 UTC 2007

On Monday 09 July 2007, Tim wrote:
>On Mon, 2007-07-09 at 09:30 +0200, Andrew Kelly wrote:
>> Can't say as I've ever, EVER seen a more incompetent interviewer in my
>> life. What the hell has happened to the profession of journalism?
>
>It went down the toilet with the rest of radio and television.  I can't
>say that I've seen the story you mentioned, but I've seen plenty of crap
>journalism.  It really gets me is when you see a reporter interviewing
>someone like a politician who is doing something outrageous, and the
>reporter never even asks the "why?" question.  We even had one of our
>journos get caught out making up a story, and their response to being
>caught out was, "It doesn't really matter if it's not true, as long as
>it's interesting enough."

I can guarantee that a reporter with such an attitude wouldn't last long at my
former station.  We took extreme pride in the truthfullness of what goes on
the air.  More than one reporter/journalist has run afoul of this now elderly
CE for not coming to me to ascertain the facts about something technical that
was over his/her head.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)