Re: Here are some of my ideas for Fedora 8 and Fedora 9

Karl Larsen wrote:

This whole thing started with the fact that you must go outside Fedora to get a system that really plays Movies. I just put VLC Media player on my laptop. You still have to get the big group of supporting dependants so it will run on Fedora 7.

But note that some repositories that may be illegal for someone in the US to even mention here have all the components packaged to install with yum. Which puts us back to where we started.

Not quite. To get a working VLC Media Player or any other software you need something like the 35KByte libdvdcss to make MY Viewer work with DVD Movies which I PAID FOR.

OK, it's not a dependency in the vlc rpm so you have to add it to the yum command line or make another run. The libdvdread which is a dependency will dynamically load it if it is available.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com