something wrong with check_perms again also

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Mon Jul 9 22:54:09 UTC 2007

On Mon, 09 Jul 2007 17:45:18 -0500
Scott Berry <sberry at northlc.com> wrote:

> Yes I do all my Linux config files in Windows because it is much easier for
> me to work with them.

You might want to look at nedit (my favourite Linux editor program).

Under DOS, I always used (and still use, with dosemu) sled.

> Should I do the conversion every time then I put up a
> new file just to make sure it conforms with Linux?

If you're editing configuration files or scripts with a Windows editor, then
yes, you should indeed run dos2unix on everything before putting it into
service.

I'd just edit stuff with a native Linux editor and avoid the hassle, myself.

If you have the "comfy chair" in front of your Windows computer and the Linux
box in the corner, then look at VNC which will allow you to put your Linux
desktop on your Windows computer.