DVD Burner under kvm? Revisited

John Pierce john.j35 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 02:07:20 UTC 2007

> Sure! At least if you use qemu-kvm directly, and not via virt-manager. Just include
> -cdrom /dev/scd0
> among the command line options.
Ok, I have mounted various dvd media (dvd-rw, dvd-movie and others)
and it still does not recognize the device as a dvd burner.

I have checked the ownership of the /dev/scd0 device and it is owned
by my user and the disk group.  I am not sure how I will be able to
get the device to burn dvd media.  My wife uses a proprietary piece of
software that on runs on windows and it creates a backup of the data
she inputs, I would like to have her use that in a virtual machine and
be able to backup her data to a dvd-rw.

Any other suggestions and ideas would be appreciated.

--
John
Registered Linux User 263680, get counted at