ndiswrapper probem

Paul paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Tue Jul 10 09:55:09 UTC 2007

Hi,

I've installed ndiswrapper from the sources at atrpms and have copied
the win32 drivers to /ndiswrapper-drivers. I then followed the
instructions http://fedoramobile.org/fc-wireless/ndis-yum-livna

When I install the drivers using ndiswrapper
-i /ndiswrapper-drivers/8185net.inf.

ndiswrapper -l shows

net8185 : driver installed
        devivce (10EC:8185) present

However, if I do dmesg | grep ndis I get
ndiswrapper version 1.47 loaded (smp=yes)
usbcore: registered new interface driver ndiswrapper

and dmesg | grep wlan0 shows nothing

It seems that there isn't an kmod-ndiswrapper and trying to build the
one on livna fails.

Does anyone know how to get ndiswrapper working with rawhide and more
over, get it to work so the drivers are started on boot up?

Thanks

Paul