fc 7 installation problems

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Tue Jul 10 11:54:46 UTC 2007

ti479 wrote:
> hi, i am new to this forum and to linux in general. i tried installing
> fc7 on my dell 1505 laptop from a boot dvd. installation goes fine,
> disk has no errors yet when i reboot the splash screen comes up i hit
> load and i go to a screen thats says ok.....uncompressing linux and it
> wont go any further. i used the program to erase and partion my drive.
> i tried to run a resuce and it wont work. can anyone help me out or
> tell me why it is doing this?
> scott
> ti479 at yahoo.com [1]
>
> Links:
> ------
> [1] mailto:ti479 at yahoo.com

The F7 DVD can be run in the Rescue Mode. Since you loaded the F7 first
time with this DVD it should work. Strange problem you have. When you
put the DVD back in your laptop plaese boot up in the rescue mode and
when it ask's you to test the DVD do it, if you have not already done
so. Then when it comes up to a prompt, type top. It should tell you how
much Ram you have and that should be more than 500 KB.

If you have a good DVD and enough RAM, F7 should load well.

Karl