Fedora 7 wireless connection woes with Intel Pro/set wireless 3945abg

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 16:06:29 UTC 2007

Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
> peedee wrote:

>> then i moved on to try to installl the wifi link as described here:
>> http://intellinuxwireless.org/?p=iwlwifi&n=HOWTO-iwlwifi [3]
>>
>> but when i get to this point:
>> ./load debug=0x43fff
>> it returns:
>> ./unload: line 23: lsmod: command not found

etc.

> Dumb question - are you running this as root? Because the lsmod and
> modprobe not found would indicate you are running this as a normal
> user, and the commands are not on your path, or you used su instead
> of su - to change to root.

It's a good bet that's what's happening.  However since
those instructions are for manually setting up the wifi
link it might be best for the OP to use rpms instead.
I notice they've already installed the firmware manually,
this may affect or interact with the
iwlwifi-firmware-2.14.3-2.noarch.rpm package.

--
imalone