grub.conf also automatic login

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Thu Jul 12 11:49:57 UTC 2007

Hansen wrote:
> If you use Gnome, you do automatically login for certain user with
> change setting for GDM, System > Administration > Login Screen. And for
> that user you can setup session for running firefox for every time login
> automatically occur.
>

>> Tony
>>
>> --

    I thank you for finding the way to log myself in without that silly
login screen. I am VERY aware of security things, we had a lot of that
where I worked. But tight security allows me to write my root password
on a piece of paper stuck to my monitor.

    With this in mind it's sure nice to login automatically and come
right up without a name and password.

Karl