Multimedia keys no longer working (HP ze44xx laptop)

Konstantin Svist fry.kun at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 20:17:36 UTC 2007

Nice site!

However, it looks like it doesn't quite apply in my case. I don't see
any error messages in dmesg and there's a slight reaction from the
system when I press the volume up/down keys:
If I go to KMix's global shortcuts and try to assign a key - the tab
focus disappears from the button when I press the volume key - but
nothing else happens.
Seems like the key is recognized internally somewhere but something is
preventing it from working...

How do I find out where the problem lies?

Thanks