Can Linux beat XP in homes yet or NOT?

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Fri Jul 13 17:54:24 UTC 2007

On Friday July 13 2007 12:53:59 pm Les Mikesell wrote:
> I remember they were bought out by Microsoft and their Linux
> products unsurprisingly died immediately thereafter:
> http://www.forbes.com/2000/10/03/1003corel.htm
> It is slightly surprising that Canada permitted such a
> blatantly anticompetitive action to happen, but Corel was
> probably on its way to bankruptcy anyway.

Don't what that article said since the link is no longer good,
but, I'd say it was inaccurate if it claims that MS bought out
Corel.
http://www.corel.com/
I still use WordPerfect and prefer it, in Windows land, to MS
Word. They've certainly come out with several new versions since
2000.

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA