F7: My Palm is not detected

Les hlhowell at pacbell.net
Fri Jul 13 21:54:40 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-07-13 at 14:54 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:
> Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
> > Renich Bon Ciric wrote:

> >> Did this

> >> Did this too. Here's the log. It didn't resolve my problem; still can't
> >> connect using J-Pilot.
> >>

> > <--------------------[ Snip listing ]------------------->
> >
> > Depending on the model your Palm is, you may need to use
> > /dev/ttyUSB0 or /dev/ttyUSB1. It doesn't look like
> > 60-libipsock.rules create the pilot symlink. I am not sure if it is
> > created in another rule in F7. It was in F6, but it pointed to the
> > wrong port for me...
> >
> > Mikkel
> >
> I have a little Palm Z22 that works fine with Windows but I think it has
> never worked with Linux. No data to solve a problem. Yesterday I plugged
> it in and nothing happened. Then I found the tab for Palm devices and
> clicked that. Went through several windows and then it just died.
>
> Karl

I also have a Z22.  Mine works OK with the installed system over USB.
It didn't work too well over the USB switch, though, so I just used the
one open port and plugged it in there.

I don't remember doing anything special to set it up, just loaded the
software and it ran the setup script and set it up and got it running.
I am still on FC6 though.

Regards,
Les H
Regards,