Digital signatures

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Jul 14 01:18:23 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-07-13 at 04:59 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:

> Tim YOU have a digital signature now on your emails to this list. I
> can pick out mail from you easy because Thunderbird calls every message
> you send "JUNK".

Hehehe.  I can make guesses as to why, but it's only guessing:

      * A two-word username "ignored_mailbox".
      * The use of yahoo.
      * It being list mail.
      * The list adds its own score (e.g. X-RedHat-Spam-Score: 0.479)
      * It's gone through several mail servers along the way.
      * Your system might be wary of getting a lot of mail from one
        location (fedora list), even more so when different addresses
        are used in the "reply-to" and "from" headers.
      * Possibly my ISP, though I've not heard of it being listed.

> I know it is my settings but not sure what to change :-)

For anything flagged as spam that isn't, you have to keep on using the
"it isn't junk" button or function, until it learns otherwise.
Eventually it should.  If it does not, then the program is crap.

I gave up on anti-spam programs long ago.  For the mail that I get,
they're more trouble than they're worth.  I get around 200 e-mails a day
from mailing lists, and around 20 spams.  I barely notice the difference
between deleting real mail (read, unanswerable, incoherent, stupid,
boring, timewasters, etc.) and spam mail.

--
[tim at bigblack ~]$ rm -rfd /*^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^Huname -ipr
2.6.21-1.3228.fc7 i686 i386

I read messages from the public lists.