Need File Thumbnails ?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Jul 14 01:33:20 UTC 2007

William Case:
>> Nautilus does that for most image types, but not for *.png -- at least
>> not for me.  Getting old; memories going; but I thought I used to be
>> able to get a thumbnail with *.png.  Checked non-TuxPaint *.png; didn't
>> display either.

Frank Cox:
> Nautilus displays png previews for me here.  I just checked to be sure.
>
> I'm running F7 at the moment, and I'm sure it did the same on FC6 and earlier
> too.

The same for me, it's working with FC7, and always has, as far as I
know, with every version of Fedora that I've tried.

I don't know what's used for generating PNG thumbnails, I find nothing
listed in the gconf-editor related to PNG that appears to do the job for
me, just things that had a PNG file set somewhere.

--
[tim at bigblack ~]$ rm -rfd /*^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^Huname -ipr
2.6.21-1.3228.fc7 i686 i386

I read messages from the public lists.