problem while sending gpg key to mit key server

Mustafa Qasim alajal at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 17:54:17 UTC 2007

On 7/14/07, Mikkel L. Ellertson <mikkel at infinity-ltd.com> wrote:

> Mustafa Qasim wrote:
> > Another problem occured....
> > before a couple of minutes trying to submit key to keyserver ends in
> > time out but now It is saying that Nothing to export for key submit
> > command also..... i went to the .gnupg directory n saw the MyKey.txt
> > blank file there that was created in failed try to export my key. I just
> > del that .txt file but still ... my .gnupg directory is fine.. all the
> > files r there but my Keylisting command is also not working....
> >
> > gpg --list-keys  gives no response..... :( what's the hell going with
> > me... m confused..... Is it that much hard to keep working on
> project....?
> >
> > Just lost... someone help .. plz
> >
> Did you overwrite your keyring while you were playing around? What
> does running "ls -l ~/.gnupg/*" show? You may also want to read the
> gpgp man page. (man gpg)
>
> One last thing, please do not top post. Put your reply below the
> message, not at the top of the message.
>
> Mikkel
> --
>
> A:  Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
> Q:  Why is top-posting a bad thing?
>

> --

Hello!
a) Sorry for top posting. I didn't noticed that but I shall in future.
b) I replace the .ssh and .gnupg directory with the backup i took after just
creating the keys and now keys are working well on my system but still I
can't send it to the key server. Is the key server down? or please guide me
how to locally extract the ASCII from my key and actually which one is the
main key file holding the ASCII among the 5 files in the .gnupg directory?

--
Mustafa Qasim
Lahore, Pakistan