Using two NICs to increase bandwidth on the same route?

Michael W Cocke cocke at catherders.com
Sun Jul 15 05:09:57 UTC 2007

On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 20:24:29 -0700, you wrote:

>>Michael W Cocke wrote:
>>> There used to be a way to run two modems as one logical channel to
>>> boost the attainable bandwidth - is there a way to do that with NICs?
>>> What's it called (so I can google it)?  I have fiber needs with a
>>> 10-base-2 budget.  8-(>
>
>What are you connected to that is at least half as wide as your NIC?
>
>--
>Knute Johnson
>Molon Labe...

I rsync two 3.2 Tb (terabyte) servers every 12 hours.  I'd like to do
it more often, but right now the bottleneck is holding me.  In an
ideal world I'd put a fiber channel between the two servers, but not
in the budget (this is my home system).

Mike-
--
If you're not confused, you're not trying hard enough.