problem while sending gpg key to mit key server

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Jul 15 09:58:27 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-07-15 at 01:42 +0600, Mustafa Qasim wrote:
> of course keys are properly created check out the output
> #gpg --list-keys
> #/root/.gnupg/pubring.gpg
> ------------------------
> pub  1024D/E35924AA 2007-07-14 Mustafa Qasim (Mustafa Fedora Project Member) <alajal at gmail.com>
> sub  1024g/A5154F46 2007-07-14 [expires: 2008-07-13]

Are you, now, able to export a key?  At this stage, just do it to the
local console display.  The networking problem is another issue.  You
should be able to see your public key (a page or so of seemingly random
characters) with any of the following command lines:

gpg --export --armor E35924AA
gpg --export --armor Mustafa
gpg --export --armor alajal at gmail.com

(The first one using the unique id code for that particular key.  The
second one just using a name to find the key to export - if several keys
use that name, they may all be exported.  The third finding the key by
the e-mail address - again, if you had several keys using it, they may
all be exported.  The first option should be the most predictable, but
you have to know the ID that you want.)

If none of them works, you've got to go back and sort out your GPG
issues.

Once you've got key exporting working, then progress onto trying to send
the key to a keyserver.  Either directly exporting it using a gpg
command line, or exporting the public key as a text file and sending
that text file to a keyserver.  If sending through a proxy is your
problem, using one of the non-HTTP servers might be the answer (e-mail,
LDAP or hkp - look in the gpg.conf file for some examples).

--
[tim at bigblack ~]$ rm -rfd /*^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^Huname -ipr
2.6.21-1.3228.fc7 i686 i386

I read messages from the public lists.