fdisk Linux type

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Sun Jul 15 12:22:43 UTC 2007

    I have seen the trend away from fdisk and always wondered why? Now
if your trying to load Linux and you have some wierd problem, my
approach is to look at the problem. And no better tool has been made
than fdisk. I guess the powers to be have decided it is too powerful and
hard to understand it should not be made public.

    Well if I have a problem I put in the now DVD "first disk" and punch
rescue and let it come up and connect to my Linux. Then I run fdisk to
see what is on the Hard disk. If I do not like what is there I change it
to what I want. It always works and now I remember to check grub and
make necessary changes.

Karl