Re: problems with install

Timothy Murphy wrote:
Schumacher, Paul wrote:

I have an IBM desktop about 3 years old.  I put in a new western digital
250 gig drive, partioned it to two about equal partitions, installed
WindowsXP in the first partition "C drive" and formatted the second
partion to NTSF.

This install say it cannot find any device to install on.

Seems a very reasonable response.
Where do you expect it to install Linux?

If you read all of his responses, he notes that it can't find the device. Creating free space on a device the installer doesn't see won't help, will it? If it sees the device he can select "custom install" and blow away the NTFS partition, assuming that he wants to do that, of course. If the drive is just not seen, as he said in <72243B95A064954F8300C07E67F8EFDB0450DD5C exchange2 winona edu>, then he has another problem.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>