Distro hopping again: freespire

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 14:50:22 UTC 2007

As I contantly distro hop between F[C] updates, I've been looking at
Freespire as my next victim. Has anyone any experience with this
distro? I am looking at the full, non-OSS version, as although I do
prefer F[L]OSS software, I will take functionality over idealism for
now. Please, lets not turn this into an idealogy war, I just want some
of the Fedora community's opinions of the Freespire distro (not it's
ideals, but it's merits/bad points).

Note that my hardware is a Dell Inspirion laptop (1680x1050 screen,
DuoCore 2Ghz, 2GB RAM, Intel wireless, ATI X1400 256MB video, 80 GB
7200rpm hard drive). I have had problems with the video in FC 5 and 6,
and in [K]Ubuntu 6.10 and 7.04. That's what I get for buying
proprietary hardware, I know, but live and learn.

Thanks in advance.

Dotan Cohen

http://lyricslist.com/
http://what-is-what.com/