problem while sending gpg key to mit key server

Mustafa Qasim alajal at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 15:22:17 UTC 2007

On 7/15/07, Tim <ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> On Sun, 2007-07-15 at 01:42 +0600, Mustafa Qasim wrote:
> > of course keys are properly created check out the output
> > #gpg --list-keys
> > #/root/.gnupg/pubring.gpg
> > ------------------------
> > pub  1024D/E35924AA 2007-07-14 Mustafa Qasim (Mustafa Fedora Project
> Member) <alajal at gmail.com>
> > sub  1024g/A5154F46 2007-07-14 [expires: 2008-07-13]
>
> Are you, now, able to export a key?  At this stage, just do it to the
> local console display.  The networking problem is another issue.  You
> should be able to see your public key (a page or so of seemingly random
> characters) with any of the following command lines:
>
> gpg --export --armor E35924AA
> gpg --export --armor Mustafa
> gpg --export --armor alajal at gmail.com
>
> (The first one using the unique id code for that particular key.  The
> second one just using a name to find the key to export - if several keys
> use that name, they may all be exported.  The third finding the key by
> the e-mail address - again, if you had several keys using it, they may
> all be exported.  The first option should be the most predictable, but
> you have to know the ID that you want.)
>
> If none of them works, you've got to go back and sort out your GPG
> issues.
>
> Once you've got key exporting working, then progress onto trying to send
> the key to a keyserver.  Either directly exporting it using a gpg
> command line, or exporting the public key as a text file and sending
> that text file to a keyserver.  If sending through a proxy is your
> problem, using one of the non-HTTP servers might be the answer (e-mail,
> LDAP or hkp - look in the gpg.conf file for some examples).
>
> --
> [tim at bigblack ~]$ rm -rfd /*^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^Huname -ipr
> 2.6.21-1.3228.fc7 i686 i386
>
> Using FC 4, 5, 6 & 7, plus CentOS 5.  Today, it's FC7.

> --

Hello!
         Sir Tim thaks. It worked I've exported teh ASCII into a txt
file.But still can't send it. I've tried the pgp.mit.edu web based option to
pase the ascii there to submit ur key. Now when i finally successfully
extract the ASCII and paste it on their webpage and hit the submit button ..
:( it failed. It does the same thing when i try to submit through CLI . Try
to load for a while n then nothing. :(

           Well Sir Mikkel .. my gateway is also my proxy. 10.0.0.1 is
connected to Internet and also configured as SQUID server so serving as both
Gateway and proxy for clients.

--
Mustafa Qasim
Lahore, Pakistan