Problem to ping Linux server

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Sun Jul 15 20:50:26 UTC 2007

Wojciech Komornicki wrote:
> I am migrating a server from old Digital UNIX to a Linux box running
> Fedora 5.  I have most everything configured except that procmail
> complains about not being able to write to various directories.  I am
> running procmail 3.22 and I have read about all the security.  Here are
> the permissions on /usr/bin/procmail
>        -rwsr-xr-x 1 root mail 69977 Jul 14 13:11 procmail
>
> Has anyone else had this problem and found a fix?
>
> --
> Wojciech Komornicki

With the permissions of procmail if root is using it there is no place
it can not reach. If something with mail is using it it can only go
places mail has permission. I am interested in why your using procmail.
It was many years ago I used procmail with pine as my email system and
procmail put things in the proper bins.

    Going from some old Unix I would start with a new load of Fedora 5
and then backup the things you need to save to that.

Karl