Terminal font colors?

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu m3freak at thesandhufamily.ca
Mon Jul 16 00:13:21 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-07-15 at 10:13 -0400, Bob Goodwin wrote:
> But when I list a directory with "ll" the text is in color with the
> directories in a shade of blue that is unreadable against a black
> background requiring that I do "ll --color=no" about one hundred times a
> day!  Can someone tell me where those colors are set so I can change the
> shade of blue.  I can deal with the colors as long as the text is bright
> enough, in fact I have come to appreciate the colored listing, well almost.

If you want to eliminate the colouring all together, you can put this
into ~/.bashrc:

alias ll='ll --color=no'

Next time you login, that alias for ll will become part of your
environment.  Of course, you can also source that file from your current
login so that you don't have to logout/login to see the change:

source ~/.bashrc

Regards,

Ranbir

--