problem while sending gpg key to mit key server

Mustafa Qasim alajal at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 03:24:12 UTC 2007

On 7/16/07, Tim <ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> On Sun, 2007-07-15 at 21:22 +0600, Mustafa Qasim wrote:
> > Hello!
> >          Sir Tim thaks. It worked I've exported teh ASCII into a txt
> > file.But still can't send it. I've tried the pgp.mit.edu web based
> > option to pase the ascii there to submit ur key. Now when i finally
> > successfully extract the ASCII and paste it on their webpage and hit
> > the submit button .. :( it failed. It does the same thing when i try
> > to submit through CLI . Try to load for a while n then nothing. :(
> >
> >            Well Sir Mikkel .. my gateway is also my proxy. 10.0.0.1 is
> > connected to Internet and also configured as SQUID server so serving
> > as both Gateway and proxy for clients.
>
> Well, if you can overcome the networking issues, one of the following
> command lines should work for you.  Perhaps one of them will work around
> your networking problem.
>
> gpg --send-keys E35924AA --keyserver hkp://subkeys.pgp.net
> gpg --send-keys E35924AA --keyserver mailto:pgp-public-keys at keys.pgp.net
> gpg --send-keys E35924AA --keyserver ldap://keyserver.pgp.com
>
> Those are keyserver addresses taken directly from the examples written
> in the gpg.conf file.  I would recommend reading it, and the gpg man
> file.  This note in the gpg.conf file might be pertinent to you:
>
> # If you have problems connecting to a HKP server through a buggy http
> # proxy, you can use keyserver option broken-http-proxy (see below),
> # but first you should make sure that you have read the man page
> # regarding proxies (keyserver option honor-http-proxy)
>
> Likewise, you can specify alternate ports to connect to.  So if the
> usual port is blocked for you, and you can find a keyserver listening on
> other ports, you can send it that way.
>
> You shouldn't have to use any particular PGP keyserver, most of them
> (supposedly) communicate between themselves.
>
> It does sound like you have a proxy problem, and you'll need to fix
> that.  And not just for PGP reasons.  You might want to start another
> thread on how to configure your proxy.  Different people might have an
> answer, who might be ignoring a gpg thread.
>
> --
> (This box runs FC5, my others run FC4 & FC6, in case that's
> important to the thread.)

> --

Hello!
for gpg --send-keys E35924AA --keyserver hkp://subkeys.pgp.net it says
gpg: no keyserver known (use option --keyserver)  ......  [I am already
using the --keyserver option ..]

m not using LDAP so it none of my business

for mailto command it gaives the same error
gpg: no keyserver known (use option --keyserver)

--
Mustafa Qasim
Lahore, Pakistan
Cell: 0321-6614972