How many repositories are there for F7?

Kelly lightsolphoenix at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 07:10:13 UTC 2007

On Monday, July 16, 2007 2:33 am Claude Jones wrote:
> On Mon July 16 2007, Kelly wrote:
> > Personally, I use the main repository (Fedora), Livna, FreshRPMs (note
> > that I use Smart, and have FreshRPMs set to a lower compatibility rating
> > to avoid potential conflicts), PlanetCCRMA, KDE-Redhat (obviously only of
> > use to KDE users
>
> I'm interested, Kelly. I too use Smart, and freshrpms and livna - but,
> having been burned on a couple of occasions by the livna/freshrpms
> conflicts, I just keep Livna turned off except on rare occasions. Would you
> mind sharing your priority settings? Are you doing to indididual packages
> or just to the entire channel? Have you successfully avoided all conflicts
> with this technique?
>
> --
> Claude Jones
> Brunswick, MD, USA

I left Livna on 0 and set FreshRPMs to -2.  That means you can use "Upgrade
All Packages" without having to worry about a conflict.  Other than that, I
just eyeball the packages and watch to see if any of the FreshRPMs packages
cause changes to the Livna packages.  I also set the main PlanetCCRMA repo
to -2, but I haven't had any noticeable problems with that one.

Unfortunately, there's no consistent way to avoid conflicts... well, unless
you only use the main repository.  I find I can avoid conflicts easier with
Smart, though.