problem while sending gpg key to mit key server

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Jul 16 09:08:51 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-07-16 at 10:06 +0600, Mustafa Qasim wrote:
> in answer to recieve it says --rec-keys is an invalid option...

Typing error... it's "--recv-keys".

e.g. gpg --keyserver hkp://subkeys.pgp.net --recv-keys E35924AA

>  wait a minute....Do i need to update the gpg package on my system.
> it's kind of older version of Ubunto right now at this system from
> where i m trying to send my key... what is the latest package for gpg
> command...

Don't know.  It's generally best to keep up to date.  Mine are.

Are you using Fedora or Ubuntu with the problem you've been discussing?
It sounds like Ubuntu, and we could be trying to diagnose a fault in
some OTHER system.  This is a Fedora list...

> and what do u mean by removing private info from gpg.conf...... what
> part is considered as private for teh key holder?

Anything you don't want us to see...  Much of what's in there is
generic, but some people customise it with comments or preferred keys,
that they mightn't want public.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.