Wireless switch and laptop

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 12:39:14 UTC 2007

On 16/07/07, Hansen <mht at alfansa.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-07-16 at 12:27 +0100, Ian Malone wrote:

(When posting to this list please put your replies at
the bottom after editing for context as I've done below.)

> > I've encountered the 'where do I file a bug for this device'
> > quandary too.  The best solution is probably to ask at
> > the forum or mailing list for the driver you're using.
> > Even the problem is in HAL or udev instead they'll be
> > able to tell you that.
> >
> Thanks for your reply, but I think this is not about wireless driver,
> much about input device, in this case wireless switch. Bluetooth use
> this switch too and can switch on-off with that.

Well, I don't know, but the people who work on the driver
will.  I do suspect that kill switches are coupled to the
hardware as they are used to turn off transmission for
(e.g. for use on aircraft) and regulators probably want
them to be independent of software.

--
imalone