bug in FC7, adsl (pppoe) doesn't work

Stuart Murray-Smith eight32 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 16:29:53 UTC 2007

> > When installing, did you enter any nameservers or gateways when
> > configuring the network [card]?
>
> During the install, the network configuration is for the installation
> routine.  Configuration of the network, post installation, is a separate
> matter.

Agreed :-) I have experienced that configuring anything more than a
private 192.168.1.x static IP (say) and corresp. 255.255.255.0 subnet
mask has ramifications later on when configuring ADSL PPPoE, which
serves its own dynamic IP, subnet mask, GW, NSes etc via the radius
server.

Maybe Network Manager is providing some settings here?

Stu@