Change in ls -l time stamp display?

Pete Geenhuizen pgeenhuizen at pobox.homeunix.net
Tue Jul 17 12:13:27 UTC 2007

<pgeenhuizen at pobox.homeunix.net> wrote:
>> Either I
missed it or the recent update of coreutils has changed the

time
>> stamp display in a long listing of ls.  Is it me or has
anyone else also
>> noticed this change.
>>
>> This is what I mean, notice the date format

fc6
>> $ ls -lad /etc
>> drwxr-xr-x 154 root root
12288 Jul 17 00:44 /etc

>> now in f7
>> $ ls -lad /etc
>> drwxr-xr-x 108 root root 12288
>>
>> If it's me can someone
enlighten me what the fix is or is this a bug?

> The format of the timestamp display depends on the settings of
the
> LC_TIME variable.
> Look into /etc/sysconfig/i18n
for your current setting.
Chris,
Thanks I figured that it was
something like that and or the locale setting.
A comparison
between fc6 and f7 shows a slight difference.
As a  test I made
it look the same, but  no change, has to be something else.

f7
# cat /etc/sysconfig/i18n
LANG="en_US.UTF-8"
SYSFONT="latarcyrheb-sun16"