2.6.22 kernel and WiFi

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Tue Jul 17 12:32:24 UTC 2007

Mark Haney wrote:
> Karl Larsen wrote:
>

>> Hi Mark. I am writing a paper about getting WiFi to work on Linux. Are
>> you certain there is no Linux software package for your laptop. Do you
>> know who made the WiFi hardware in your laptop? Have you been to the web
>> page with all the data?
>>
>> Karl
>>

> When I last looked (a year ago maybe) it was not supported.  It's a
> broadcom card (4306), which, at the time, was supported 32-bit, but not
> 64-bit, which is what I have.  That's why I asked about ndiswrapper,
> it's the only method I was aware of at the time that would work with
> this card and 64-bit.
>

> Ahh, I knew there had to be a catch :-)
Your 64 bit system is just too much for the people at Broadcom. They
have written software for Linux and it is being used on 32 bit machines
with great success.

    So you want to use a 64 bit wrapper of the windows .dll file as a
way to get going. I will be interested in your results. I hope it works 8-)

Karl