64 bit F7

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.com
Tue Jul 17 19:24:23 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-07-17 at 13:17 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:
> I have just learned a week or two ago that you can get a 64 bit
> kernel and load a 64 bit Fedora 7. I recall seeing the .iso and wondered
> what it was. Now I know it exists and causes no end of trouble! All the
> fixes and new applications come out 32 bit. They are all RPM files with
> i386 in the name.
>
>     My question is why would anyone want to have an odd ball F7 with
> 64bit logic? It makes no sense to me.

Cause your looking into the i386 dir, and not the x86_64 dir, which is
where the rpms are for 64bit systems.  Here is part of the dir path to
64bit from the main fedora download site..

/pub/fedora/linux/releases/7/Everything/x86_64/os/Fedora

Above by using ftp to get to it.

So not sure what your asking or I am looking at the question from a
different angle?

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY