Gnome-Terminal Maximized on start

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 17 20:38:47 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-07-17 at 14:20 -0500, Mike Chambers wrote:
> I have a shortcut/icon for gnome-terminal on my task bar.  When it
> starts (and I am sure it does same thing starting it from the menu), it
> is minimized and I have to maximize it all the time.  Is there a command
> or option I can add to the properties of the icon to make it start
> maximized? (gnome-terminal is the binary name to start it)
>
> Thanks ahead of time,

The easiest way would be to create a panel launcher that launches gnome
terminal. If you run : gnome-terminal --help
you will see the options on the commandline. the --zoom option or the
--geometry options seems like  that they might do what you want to  do
what you want.
problem drinker, n.: A man who never buys.
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net