2.6.22 kernel and WiFi

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Tue Jul 17 22:22:34 UTC 2007

Mark Haney writes:

> Sam Varshavchik wrote:
>>
>> I've done my homework, and use hardware that's supported by native Linux
>> drivers (Centrino). Since there has not been a .22 kernel errata update
>> for F7, yet, I haven't yet installed it, but, I have no reasons to
>> expect any problems with wireless, when I do.
>>
>> Such are the benefits of using Linux drivers with Linux, instead of
>> Windows drivers with Linux.
>>

> You know, replies like this really irritate me. Not only do they not
> answer the question, you get a nice little 'lecture' on 'linux for
> linux'.  Let me see if I can set things straight.  I had NO CHOICE in
> laptops.  I got what I was given by the company.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Let me get this straight:

1) Your company gave you a laptop, presumably preconfigured with MS Windows.

2) You wiped your company's laptop, and installed Linux on it.

Count yourself lucky that your only problem is busted wireless. If you were
employed by my company, your ass would be sooooooo fired.

>                                            I CHOSE to run linux
> on it since I detest windows and refuse to buy tools when open source
> options are better.  Therefore I was unable to do any 'homework'.

Did you also "choose" to do something this dumb all by yourself, or did
someone tell you to do it?

> Therefore, your comments mean bupkiss to me and probably a lot of other
> people.  They are not helpful and shouldn't waste my bandwidth having to
> view them.

Here's a penny. Go buy yourself an extra megabyte.