How to post replies here properly

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Wed Jul 18 17:02:17 UTC 2007

Ray Bramton wrote:
> I'm sorry, I forgot to mention I'm not using Pine to view posts, I'm using
> Firefox.  I turned off emails for new posts as this was getting me a WHOLE
> lot of emails and this ain't too cool with a dial-up connection.  Also I
> didn't want to sort through all those emails when I could just open the
> page with Firefox when I want to see all the posts.  I want to be able to
> see if there's a reply to my posts only with email notification, like with
> LinuxQuestions.org.  Is this not possible?

Firefox is a web browser, not a mail reader - So you must be going to
some web site to view the emails ;) Which one do you use...

As a previous poster said, the best way to reply to a email is to
properly reply to it - In the sense of hit the reply button of your
favourite email reader.

If you want to do this via the web then maybe there is a better web site
you can use that lets you reply ? I don't use it myself but a lot of
people on the list seem to use gmail (at least it comes up quite
frequently).

Chris