How to post replies here properly

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 22:11:25 UTC 2007

On 18/07/07, Ray Bramton <rbandmb at wfeca.net> wrote:

<It's apparent from below that you don't get quotes
for free, but if threading is broken it's even more important
that you copy a little context in.>

> I'm sorry, I forgot to mention I'm not using Pine to view posts, I'm using
> Firefox.  I turned off emails for new posts as this was getting me a WHOLE
> lot of emails and this ain't too cool with a dial-up connection.  Also I
> didn't want to sort through all those emails when I could just open the
> page with Firefox when I want to see all the posts.  I want to be able to
> see if there's a reply to my posts only with email notification, like with
> LinuxQuestions.org.  Is this not possible?

Is Gmail usable over your connection?  I point my
subscription to Gmail and tell it to put all Fedora-list
mails in a folder.  Then I can use their interface to
pick and choose which conversations to look at.

(I do have Thunderbird set up to get mails from Gmail
too, but only headers, the bodies aren't downloaded
until I ask for them.  That might still be quite slow over
dialup though.)

--
imalone