Re: Distro hopping again: freespire

On Wednesday 18 July 2007 21:11, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> On 18/07/07, Tim <ignored_mailbox yahoo com au> wrote:
> > I just tried it here, and got basically the same thing:
>
> I should have mentioned. Those videos are available only within the
> Technion. IPs outside the Technion are not served the videos.

If I remember properly, this is an old problem of yours. But now that you say
that server checks for IP, it strikes me that the problem is not with
mplayer, but your IP/proxy configuration. Vmware client may have bridged
networking activated, and so completely independent network configuration
(probably DHCP served), so it just works.

Maybe you should check your network settings, eventualy letting dhcp manage
your IP etc, and then try mplayer. And turn off firewall and selinux while
checking, those may also be the source of problems...

Best, :-)
Marko