New issues with Sending email: related to Domain name transfer?

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Thu Jul 19 02:35:16 UTC 2007

Linus Ulrick writes:

> But, I just transferred the above mentioned domain to a new registrar
> (like I said above, I host my own website and run my own mailserver)
> Now, I can no longer send email from any afolkey2.net email addresses.
>  Squirrelmail, Claws-mail, Thunderbird.  I get errors like this:
>
> ** error occurred on SMTP session
> *** Error occurred while sending the message:
> 550 5.7.1 <transfer at ipowerweb.com>... Relaying denied. IP name lookup
> failed [192.168.1.1]

If you run your own mail server, then this is the error message you get from
your own mail server, so only you can fix it.

If your mail server is configured to smarthost all outgoing mail through
your Internet provider's mail server, then this may be an error message from
your provider's mail server. You only posted the error message, and did not
include the rest of the non-delivery report, which would identify which mail
server is reporting this non-delivery.

Anyway, since you did not include the complete non-delivery report, key
pieces of information are missing that are needed in order to fully analyze
this problem.