BCM WiFi Problem

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Thu Jul 19 03:20:16 UTC 2007

:
> Mike - EMAIL IGNORED wrote:
>> I am thinking of again reinstalling the system, and trying without
>> ndiswrapper.
>>
>> Any opinions on this?
>>
> Reinstalling the system is a rather drastic approach to changing the
> driver you are using. Changing the alias in /etc/modprobe.conf or
> /etc/modprobe.d/<file> and rebooting is more then enough. If you
> don't want to reboot, you could run:

Right... I hesitate to call anything that can work "wrong", but
ndiswrapper is an amazing hack that should be avoided if at all possible.

Hint for making sure ndiswrapper is no longer allowed to get a look-in: add

install ndiswrapper /bin/true

to /etc/modprobe.conf, remove everything else in there that mentions
ndiswrapper, and either modprobe -r ndiswrapper or reboot.

-Andy